We make sense of our journey and our sufferings through stories…
Our pain stems from our disconnection from those stories… When we disconnect, our life and body sends us warnings, Body Whispers®, to tell us that something needs to change in our life. If we don’t listen, the Whispers get louder and louder until they become screams that we can no longer ignore.
Our healing lies in listening to our Body Whispers®, in reclaiming our story and re-telling it in our own authentic voice, in restoring connections and integrating our mind, body, heart & soul, finding our life meaning and purpose, restoring our health, and living in joy.
The 7 I's help you through this journey. It is inspired by Joseph Campbell’s Hero’s Journey.
- The first stage: Integration: It seemed like an ordinary life until you get a Call for Adventure. This call might come in the form of major life changes or challenges, or it might stem from your body sending you warnings, Body Whispers®, to tell you that something needs to change in our life - the warnings could be in the form of anxiety, depression, heartaches, body aches, or simple feeling of uneasiness… Now, it's chaos & ambiguity - You stop to connect & integrate all the bits & pieces of your life and build the foundation of your primary. needs for safety, security, support, and belonging: who am I? Where do I stand? Who stands with me? The integration stage is the foundation that establishes the structure and framework needed for you to embark on your journey.
- The second stage: Initiation: Change is hard. Yet, as you acknowledge the kaleidoscope of your emotions (all the anger, fear, grief, frustration, guilt...), you Accept the Call & are initiated on your healing journey. In the midst of the chaos, you start looking for the light that could reignite your love, passion & joy.
- The third stage: Implementation: It is time to make the decision - to Cross the Threshold & become an active agent in your healing journey. You own your narrative and assume responsibility for your life & your health. You acquire knowledge & gather tools. You choose your allies & support system, you re-visit your beliefs about yourself and others, dig for “sparkling events” that point you to your strengths, potentials, and talents; and integrate those stories into your emerging identity.
- The fourth stage: Intimacy: Healing is not easy nor is it a straight forward journey. There is no magic wand nor a secret pill. It is a Road of Trials that you have to tread. And, as you are advancing on the path, you are building your heart-based strength, courage & resilience. You are anchoring your trust in the Divine & intimately connecting with a sacred, transcendent reality that gives meaning to your life.
- The fifth stage: Integrity: This stage is an expected pause in any life-changing journey. Digging into your stories and exploring strengths and weaknesses force you to come face to face with many tests, allies, and enemies that might force you to retreat in the Belly of the Whale, into your Innermost Cave. It is time for slowing down, for reflection & re-evaluation. Here, you achieve Transformation. You find your genuine true voice and trust & surrender your will to the Divine will.
- The sixth stage: Insight: You are seeing through your ordeal and emerging with a richer narrative & a valuable contribution. You now must take the Road Back for Resurrection to occur. You reintegrate into re-engage in life with more wisdom & meaning. The insight you gain at this stage of your journey enables you to see new ways and embrace other alternatives, choices, and possibilities.
- The seventh stage: Intention: You are strengthening your love and sincere connection with the Divine; reclaiming your true identity & sense of agency. You are earning the Freedom to Live: Freedom as our Divine gift to live our life in harmony with His law and order. You are now clearly seeing & actualizing the valuable purpose & meaning of your life. You are back "Home", yet you are seeing it in new eyes.
We go through the journey all the time, with every new challenge, change or transformation in our life. We are always at one stage or another on the journey.
Take the time to locate where you are at this stage of your life and thus envision how to proceed further.