To turn down this internal furnace, we need to stop fuelling the fire… one way of doing this, as I suggested in my earlier blog, is meditation… Meditation helps tune down the stream of thoughts that trigger our fight and flight and push us on over drive.
Another essential measure to stop fuelling the internal blaze is quitting sugar… Ya… you heard me right… you need to quit sugar! Sugar is highly addictive and inflammatory fuel that keeps the furnace burning. and, when your cells are on fire, your brain is on fire.
When I say sugar I do not just mean this white refined powder, sugars include all baked goods and refined grain flours. They all end up fuelling the same path…
It is hard, I know. Most of us, anxious folks, are already addicted!
This is why I invite you to join me on a 10 days sugar-free challenge… Just 10 days… You can do it! And trust me, you are going to feel a heck of difference… Just try it with me… 10 days starting tomorrow… I will leave 1 day to prepare and go vegetable shopping and clean your fridge pantry from all temptations.
- NO sugars- including healthy sugars like honey and maple syrup.
- NO grains – and no corn or soy
- NO potatoes
- NO fruits except: Berries, kiwi, citrus, apples, pears and papaya
- NO deep frying
Other than that, you’re good to go.
Here are some tips:
- To feel full add as much green leafy vegetables to your diet as you can
- To further turn off the inflammation add different-color vegetables and berries to your diet
- Choose lean high quality protein like veal, chicken breast, turkey, fish and eggs. (don’t over do it)
- Choose good fats like avocado, nuts, seeds, olive oil, olives, and coconut oil (don’t over do it)
Let’s meet in our Facebook group Body Whispers and share our experiences and may be some recipes and ideas.